Wearable gaming represents an emerging entrant into the digital entertainment market that is best defined from a mobile gaming perspective. Non-wearable mobile gaming is played on various wireless devices (smartphones, tablets, phablets, etc.), which have limited interface capabilities compared to desktop, laptop, or console gaming. In many ways, wearable technology causes even more limitations, but also opens the door to new levels of interactivity and personal gaming intimacy.
Wearable gaming is played with small computing devices, which are body-mounted in some fashion, and seamlessly support game play with functionality not possible in traditional systems. Mind Commerce sees Headwear as a Platform, Eyewear as a Platform, Smartwatch as a Platform, and Body-wear as a Platform all as emerging areas for next generation digital entertainment.
This research assesses the current state and future outlook of wearable gaming technology and market. Mind Commerce findings indicate that the global wearable gaming market will reach $19 billion during the study period with a 67% market share for hardware and 33% for software. The report evaluates major players, platform, offerings, strategies, and market projections. The report also identifies the opportunities and timing for introduction of gaming into mainstream wearable technology. All purchases of Mind Commerce reports includes time with an expert analyst who will help you link key findings in the report to the business issues you're addressing. This needs to be used within three months of purchasing the report.
- All types of gaming companies
- Wireless device manufacturers
- Wireless infrastructure providers
- Consumer electronics companies
- Wearable technology developers
- Embedded computing companies
- Regulatory bodies and governments
- Wireless service providers of all types
- Mobile marketing/commerce companies
- Augmented reality and virtual reality companies
- Wearable gaming forecasts through 2020
- Identify leading companies and solutions
- Understand challenges and opportunities
- Recognize the future for wearable gaming
- Understand benefits of different platforms
- Identify wearable market drivers and constraints
- Understand supporting capabilities and technologies