Google positions Project Fi as a program to deliver a fast, easy wireless experience in close partnership with leading carriers, hardware makers, and our users. The company use will more than a million Wi-Fi hotspots that it will use as the foundation of its network, filling in the gaps with cellular based on deals with Sprint and T-Mobile.
Mind Commerce predicts that AT&T and Verizon will lose 20% of their cellular customers within 20 months of the launch of Google’s Project Fi. The immediate driver for that may be a simple churn of customers away from the number one and number two providers toward the number three (Sprint) and number four (T-Mobile). However, other market forces will contribute to that 20% loss of market share.
Two concepts support this premise: disruption and disaggregation. Verizon and AT&T's premium mobile services are disrupted and disaggregated by low cost Wi-Fi and VoIP offerings offered through competing mobile providers, cable providers and Wi-Fi-only services. All purchases of Mind Commerce reports includes time with an expert analyst who will help you link key findings in the report to the business issues you're addressing. This needs to be used within three months of purchasing the report.
- Regulatory and Policy Groups
- Exporters, Importers and Traders
- Business and Financial Institutions
- Associations and Technology Groups
- Corporate and Institutional Investors
- Government and International Bodies
- Lawyers, Bankers, Libraries, Embassies
- Patent Offices and Technology Executives
- Venture Capitalists, Consultants and more
- Management Consulting and Advisory Firms