Global governments see a range of opportunities in terms of defense, security, and public safety related improvements possible by leveraging massive amounts of data available in modern society. The US Government in particular sees data of various types (structured and unstructured) and from various sources as an opportunity to continuously improve predictive capabilities regarding its defense and homeland security programs.
For Homeland Security, Predictive Analytics and Predictive Policing are rapidly becoming critically important tools, especially to military operations, counterterrorism, and disaster mitigation and recovery strategies. In 2015 alone, about US$333 million is allocated for the advancement of defence and security, in relation to tapping the potential of the Big Data. While the government acknowledges the use of Big Data to improve measures of national defense and homeland security, there is a looming question as to how the government, the civil society and the whole state adapt their interest with Big Data and transform it as a potential and relevant tool to improve the integrity of the national sovereignty.
This research focuses on Big Data and its functional capabilities, applications, and solutions in support of defense and homeland security including data acquisition, collection, detection and prediction. All purchases of Mind Commerce reports includes time with an expert analyst who will help you link key findings in the report to the business issues you're addressing. This needs to be used within three months of purchasing the report.
- Big Data companies
- Governmental agencies
- Social network companies
- Telecom service providers
- Public safety organizations
- Military and homeland security
- Data services and analytics companies
- Cloud and telecom infrastructure providers
- Big Data in defense and homeland security forecasts through 2020
- Understand the role and importance of Big Data mitigating cybercrime
- Identify opportunities for Big Data applications, services, and solutions
- Identify issues surrounding Big Data security relative to governmental systems
- Understand the importance of proactive policy decisions and Big Data solutions
- Understand the importance of predictive analysis in import and export of goods
- Understand the range of options for Big Data and comprehensive homeland security
- Understand the use of Big Data for disaster recovery and counterterrorism operations