How does a cable provider gain a bigger piece of the telecom market pie chart? With a clever Wi-Fi strategy, cable providers are in a unique position to dominate the residential and business telecommunications markets.
Cable giant Cablevision plans to take on cellular providers with an all-Wi-Fi mobile phone service, the company calls Freewheel, the Wi-Fi-only service allows subscribers to place voice calls, send text messages and surf the Web when they're connected to any Wi-Fi network. In contrast to other VoWiFi providers such as Google’s Project Fi, Republic and Scratch, Freewheel will have no access to cellular networks. This is the portent of things to come in the very near future: an MSO as MNO play.
- Regulatory and Policy Groups
- Exporters, Importers and Traders
- Business and Financial Institutions
- Associations and Technology Groups
- Corporate and Institutional Investors
- Government and International Bodies
- Lawyers, Bankers, Libraries, Embassies
- Patent Offices and Technology Executives
- Venture Capitalists, Consultants and more
- Management Consulting and Advisory Firms