Massive Open Online Courses (MOOC) represents a distance-based approach to eLearning wherein many students may participate in a highly collaborative and interactive fashion. Course contents are distributed using web platform under a per-course or subscription model. The unique feature/functionality of MOOC is mass participation, social collaborations, interactive forums, and open-ended outcomes.
There are a few key market factors to consider with MOOC including low cost certification, leveraging various technologies (data everywhere, smartphone, tablet and wearable device proliferation, flexible learning experience, etc.), costs reduction for corporate training, and others. Arguably, one of the main growth drivers of today’s MOOC industry is cost reduction for Learning and Development (L&D) programs at major corporations. Important to the ICT ecosystem, MOOC adoption is contributing to development and adoption of various technologies and solutions including Big Data, Analytics, Gamification, and Cloud.
This research provides an assessment of overall MOOC trends, sub-sectors, and impact on diverse industries. The report analyzes the global MOOC market opportunity and forecasts overall revenue as well as SaaS providers, independent student’s course subscription, consulting revenue and corporate licensing. Regional projections include North America, Latin America, APAC, Europe, Middle East, and Africa. All purchases of Mind Commerce reports includes time with an expert analyst who will help you link key findings in the report to the business issues you're addressing. This needs to be used within three months of purchasing the report.
The report also answers following questions:
- What are the MOOC solutions to overcome challenges?
- How will technologies aid in MOOC growth and adoption?
- What are the key challenges faced by MOOC stakeholders?
- What is the role of Gamification, Big Data, Analytics, Cloud and SMAC convergence in MOOC industry?
- What is the current state of enterprise adoption of MOOC and how is going to reinvent corporate L&D?
- MOOC companies
- Gamification companies
- Executives and IT leaders
- LMS and eLearning providers
- Consumer electronics companies
- Telecom and ICT solution providers
- Corporate training service providers
- Enterprise L&D executives and managers
- Leading MOOC vendor and solutions analysis
- Analysis of MOOC free vs. paid certification and credentialing
- In-depth analysis of regional market prospects for MOOC industry
- MOOC forecasts by region, demographics, and corporate learning segments
- Short and long term MOOC impact analysis, market forces, and usability factors
- Venture capital investment trends in the entire education industry including MOOC
- Vision of the MOOC future with recommendations for various industry constituents