The line between consumer and business technology has gotten increasingly blurry during the past decade. Consumer devices are almost indistinguishable from enterprise gear. But the gap between software and applications in each category is far wider.
However, wearable computing is distinct from the first iteration of BYOD. The enterprise sector will lead this time, and consumers may or may not follow. The hardware used for enterprise wearables will be similar to what is used for consumer devices, but not identical. For instance, a wearable to be used in areas where combustible fumes are common must be engineered to ensure that under no circumstances the device will be able to generate a spark.
- Regulatory and Policy Groups
- Exporters, Importers and Traders
- Business and Financial Institutions
- Associations and Technology Groups
- Corporate and Institutional Investors
- Government and International Bodies
- Lawyers, Bankers, Libraries, Embassies
- Patent Offices and Technology Executives
- Venture Capitalists, Consultants and more
- Management Consulting and Advisory Firms