Sensors are used in ICT for detection of changes in the physical and/or logical relationship of one object to another(s) and/or the environment. Physical changes may include temperature, light, pressure, sound, and motion. Logical changes include the presence/absence of an electronically traceable entity, location, and/or activity. Within an Internet of Things (IoT) context, physical and logical changes are equally important.
This report assesses the overall sensor marketplace for IoT, evaluates leading vendors, identifies key IoT functionality in support of sensors, and forecasts the market for sensor adoption and revenue. The report covers three key areas within the sensor ecosystem:
- Sensors: H/W and S/W designed and Developed to Suit IoT deployments
- Protocols: Designed and developed to drive Wireless Sensor Network (WSN) in IoT
- Sensor Data: Through Sensor Fusion / Multi-sensing / Soft Sensors
All purchases of Mind Commerce reports includes time with an expert analyst who will help you link key findings in the report to the business issues you're addressing. This needs to be used within three months of purchasing the report.
- Sensor companies
- Internet of Things companies
- Wireless device manufacturers
- Wearable technology suppliers
- Digital signal processor providers
- Telephony infrastructure providers
- Computer and semiconductor companies
- Embedded hardware, software and OS providers
- Mobile/wireless network operators and service providers
- Next generation application developers and content providers
- Consumer electronics merchandisers and application providers
- EMEA will lead the market 13.5 billion sensors in 2020 with a CAGR of 51.3%
- North America ranks second with 9 billion units by 2020 with a CAGR of 46.6%
- A key ecosystem function, IoT Mediation will evolve in three stages as assessed in the report
- Most of sensors will be used in industrial applications followed by personal IoT, largely in the wearables category
- IIoT will comprise 94% of the total IIoT business through 2020, representing a huge driver for various sensor-enabled industrial apps
Companies in Report:
- 365 Agile Limited (365 Agile Group Plc)
- Ambiq Micro
- B+B SmartWorx
- Bosch Connected Devices and Solutions GmbH (BCDS)
- Digi International
- Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA)
- Fairchild Semiconductors International
- LeddarTech Inc.
- Nanjing IoT Sensor Technology Co., Ltd.
- NYCE Sensors Inc.
- Open Sensors Ltd.
- Sensata Technologies
- Seraphim Sense Ltd.
- Silicon Laboratories, Inc.
- Texas Instruments Inc.
- Wovyn LLC.
- ZigBee Alliance
- Z-Wave Alliance