The key drivers that will drive the demand for robots in the automotive industry include ongoing high investments in new production capacities in emerging markets, investments in production, modernization in major vehicle producing countries, reduction of the time needed to market of the products, lack of skilled labor/ rising labor costs, and high demand for precision and quality control, among others.
There are multiple applications in which robots are being used in the automotive industry (both vehicle manufacturers and automotive component suppliers). Some of the major applications in which robots are utilized comprise of: painting, welding, assembling, cutting, and dispensing, among others. There are various other factory related material handling applications which are driving the demand for automotive robots, such as automated guided vehicles, AGVs.
While highlighting the key driving factors, restraining forces, as well as opportunities and challenges for this dynamic market, the report also provides a comprehensive section of the research and development programs and investments/expenditures going on in the global automotive robotics market.
The answers to the following key questions can be found in the report by its readers:
• What are different types of global automotive robotics products?
• What are the market trends and key developments for different automotive robotics products?
• Who are the key market participants in the global automotive robotics hardware, software and services market?
• What are different types of functions in the global automotive robotics market?
• What are the key market trends across different functions in the global automotive robotics market?
• How is the pricing scenario of global automotive robotic market by different products and regions?
• What are the different research and development programs and investments (expenditures) in the global automotive robotics market?
• What are the global automotive robotics market trends and key developments in different geographical regions?
• What are the key drivers for the global automotive robotics market across different regions?
• Who are the key market participants in different geographical regions?
• What are the key competitive insights in the global automotive robotics market (including both organic and inorganic growth strategies)?
• Who are the major emerging players (startups) in the global automotive robotics market and how is the investment scenario in the Startups robotic industry?
The research tries to answer various aspects of the automotive robotics market such as the factors driving the industry, its threats that can possibly slow down the market growth and the current growth opportunities that are going to shape the robotic market expansion. The research also includes Porter’s Five Forces Model for a detailed analysis of the market and a study of the factors influencing this market.
This study includes an overview and analysis of the global automotive robotics market by robotic system which includes hardware, software and services. Hardware product further includes Selective Compliance Assembly Robot Arm (SCARA) robots, articulated type of robots, Cartesian robots, and other types of robots. Additionally, other segments include global automotive robotics market by function which covers welding, painting, assembling and disassembling, cutting and milling, and material handling , and various other applications of automotive robots.
Major geographical segmentation includes North America (the U.S. and Canada), Europe (Italy, Germany and the U.K.), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, and the Republic of Korea), and Rest of the World (RoW). The regions have been covered in terms of the market penetration in the automotive robot market as well as revenue generation in order to understand and utilize viable business opportunities. The report also includes the profiles of major players in the automotive robotics industry that shall allow its readers to get an insight into the industry trends.
Some of the leading companies in the GLOBAL AUTOMOTIVE ROBOTICS Market
1 KUKA AG
2 ABB Group
3 Yasakwa Electric Corporation
4 Fanuc Corporation
5 Dürr AG
6 Omron Corporation (Adept Technology, Inc.)
7 Kawasaki Heavy Industries (Kawasaki Robotics)
8 Comau SpA
9 Universal Robots
10 Denso Wave Incorporated
11 Rockwell Automation, Inc.
12 Nachi-Fujikoshi Corp.
15 Yamaha Robotics
16 Reis Gmbh & Co. Kg Maschinenfabrik
17 Panasonic Welding Systems Co. Ltd.
18 Siasun Robot & Automation Co., Ltd.
19 Harmonic Drive System
20 Nabtesco Motion Control, Inc.