Future of the Venezuelan Defense Industry
Market Attractiveness, Competitive Landscape and Forecasts to 2020
Venezuela is currently the largest arms importer in Latin America and occupies nearly one-third of military goods imported in the region. The increasing military expenditure is strongly supported by revenues from the world’s largest proven oil reserves in the country. This burgeoning defense expenditure can be attributed to the modernization of the armed forces, re-armament programs, border disputes, and a strong focus on the development of the indigenous military sector. However, in the recent times, the falling oil prices along with the catastrophic economic collapse is likely to hamper the growth of the industry restricting the growth in the period 2016-2020 to lower levels on par with 2011-2015
- With a defense budget of US$5.3 billion in 2015, the country is currently the largest arms importer in Latin American and occupies nearly one-third of defense imports of military goods in the region.
- This burgeoning defense expenditure can be attributed to the modernization of the armed forces, re-armament program, border disputes, and development of indigenous military sector
- Key opportunities for equipment suppliers are expected in areas such as multi-role aircraft, military infrastructure, transport aircraft, naval vessels, missile systems, surveillance systems, and UAVs
- The defense budget as a percentage of GDP is expected to increase at an average of 2.7% over 2016-2020 from an average of 2.2% in the historic period
Venezuelan homeland security (HLS) expenditure stands at US$10.4 billion in 2015 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 9.82% over the period 2016-2020, to reach US$17.9 billion in 2020
Strategic Defense Intelligence’s - Future of Venezuelan Defense Industry - Market Attractiveness, Competitive Landscape and Forecasts to 2020 offers detailed analysis of industry with market size forecasts for the period 2016-2020 is done. Also, analysis of factors that influence demand for the industry, key market trends, and challenges faced by industry participants is covered.
In particular, it provides an in-depth analysis of the following:
- Defense industry market size and drivers: detailed analysis of the defense industry during 2016-2020, including highlights of the demand drivers and growth stimulators. It also provides a snapshot of the country’s expenditure and modernization patterns
- Budget allocation and key challenges: insights into procurement schedules formulated within the country and a breakdown of the defense budget with respect to the army, navy, and air force. It also details the key challenges faced by defense market participants within the country
- Porter’s Five Force analysis of the defense industry: analysis of the market characteristics by determining the bargaining power of suppliers, buyers, threat of substitution, intensity of rivalry, and barriers to entry
- Import and Export Dynamics: analysis of prevalent trends in the country’s imports and exports over the last five years
- Market opportunities: details of the top five defense investment opportunities from 2015 to 2025
- Competitive landscape and strategic insights: including an overview of key players, together with insights such as key alliances, strategic initiatives, and a brief financial analysis
Reasons To Buy
- Quickly enhance your understanding of "Datron World Communications, Inc."
- Gain insight into the marketplace and a better understanding of internal and external factors which could impact the industry.
- Increase business/sales activities by understanding your competitors’ businesses better.
- Recognize potential partnerships and suppliers.
Purchase this Report