Future of the Mexican Defense Industry - Market Attractiveness, Competitive Landscape and Forecasts to 2020
The Mexican defense market will be driven by the ongoing modernization and upgrade of military equipment such as military transport aircraft, multi-utility helicopters, and naval vessels, as well as the country’s efforts to combat the increasing level of drug trafficking. Also the capital expenditure allocation is anticipated to average 10.3% of the total defense budget during 2016-2020 and procurement of defense equipment are expected to be in the areas of multi-role aircraft, military helicopters, corvettes, and transport aircraft.
- During 2011-2015, Mexican defense expenditure registered a growth rate of 4.08%, increasing from US$5.5 billion in 2011 to US$6.5 billion in 2015
- Military expenditure is anticipated to register a CAGR of 7.25% during 2016-2020, to value US$9.2 billion in 2020
- The ongoing modernization, which has led to the upgrade of military equipment, along with country’s efforts to combat the increasing level of drug trafficking is expected to drive defense expenditure over the forecast period
- Demand for equipment is mainly expected to revolve around multi-role aircraft, military helicopters, corvettes, and transport aircraft during 2016-2020
Strategic Defense Intelligence’s report - Future of the Mexican Defense Industry - Market Attractiveness, Competitive Landscape and Forecasts to 2020 offers detailed analysis of the industry with market size forecasts from 2016-2020. This report will also analyze factors that influence demand in the industry, key market trends, and challenges faced by industry participants.
In particular, it provides an in-depth analysis of the following:
- Defense industry market size and drivers: detailed analysis of the defense industry during 2016-2020, including highlights of the demand drivers and growth stimulators. It also provides a snapshot of the country’s expenditure and modernization patterns
- Budget allocation and key challenges: insights into procurement schedules formulated within the country and a breakdown of the defense budget with respect to the army, navy, and air force. It also details the key challenges faced by defense market participants within the country
- Porter’s Five Force analysis of the defense industry: analysis of the market characteristics by determining the bargaining power of suppliers, buyers, threat of substitution, intensity of rivalry, and barriers to entry
- Import and Export Dynamics: analysis of prevalent trends in the country’s imports and exports over the last five years
- Market opportunities: details of the top five defense investment opportunities from 2015 to 2025
- Competitive landscape and strategic insights: including an overview of key players, together with insights such as key alliances, strategic initiatives, and a brief financial analysis
Reasons To Buy
- Quickly enhance your understanding of "Airborne Systems, Ltd."
- Gain insight into the marketplace and a better understanding of internal and external factors which could impact the industry.
- Increase business/sales activities by understanding your competitors’ businesses better.
- Recognize potential partnerships and suppliers.
Purchase this Report