Biometrics includes diverse set of technologies used for measuring and analysing human body characteristics, such as fingerprints, eye retinas, facial patterns, voice patterns, etc. for authentication purposes. Adoption of biometrics technology has been constantly increasing in India over the last five years. In addition to the most prominent popular method of biometric authentication, that is fingerprint recognition, other means of biometric authentication are rapidly gaining traction in the country due to growing need for data security in diverse sectors. Government projects such as issuance of e-passports and visas, and the Aadhaar system under UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India), which employ biometric systems for identification and authentication purposes, have been hugely boosting the use of biometric technology.
According to “India Biometrics Market Forecast & Opportunities, 2020”, biometrics market in India is projected to grow at a robust CAGR of over 35% till 2020. Growth in the market is anticipated on account of increasing use of various biometric products in government and BFSI sector across the country. Increasing use in corporate houses, schools and industries for time and attendance monitoring, coupled with rising demand from IT / ITeS to authenticate access to confidential data, are other factors that are expected to propel market growth over the next five years. The largest player in India biometrics market is HID, followed by SecuGen, NEC, eSSL, 3M, and Honeywell. Most of these major companies operate in India by importing products and subsequently supplying them through their distributors in the country. “India Biometrics Market Forecast & Opportunities, 2020” discusses the following aspects of biometrics market in India:
- India Biometrics Market Size, Share & Forecast
- Segmental Analysis - Fingerprint Recognition, Iris Recognition, Facial Recognition, Voice Recognition and Others
- Policy & Regulatory Landscape
- Changing Market Trends & Emerging Opportunities
- Competitive Landscape & Strategic Recommendations
Why You Should Buy This Report
- To gain an in-depth understanding of biometrics market in India
- To identify the on-going trends and anticipated growth in the next five years
- To help industry consultants, companies and other stakeholders align their market-centric strategies
- To obtain research based business decisions and add weight to presentations and marketing material
- To gain competitive knowledge of leading players
- To avail 10% customization in the report without any extra charges and get research data or trends added in the report as per the buyer’s specific needs
The information contained in this report is based upon both primary and secondary sources. Primary research included interviews with biometric system providers and industry experts. Secondary research included an exhaustive search of relevant publications like company annual reports, financial reports and proprietary databases.