The global market for energy and environmental catalysts totaled $25.7 billion in 2014. This market is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.6%, from nearly $27.3 billion in 2015 to nearly $35.8 billion by 2020.
This report provides:
- An overview of the global markets for energy and enviornmental catalysts.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2014, estimates for 2015, and projections of CAGRs through 2020.
- A look at how rising energy requirements and protecting the environment are among the most important applications of catalyst technology.
- Information on how catalysts are increasing the supply of petroleum by making it commercially possible to produce oil from sources once regarded as uneconomical, such as tar sands and heavy oil deposits.
- An understanding as to why catalysts are indispensable to many types of environmental remediation, from vehicle emissions control systems to industrial effluent and municipal waste treatment.
- Evaluations of the technical and other challenges that must be overcome for the market to realize its full potential.
- Profiles of major players in the industry.
SCOPE OF REPORT
This report addresses the global market for energy and environmental catalysts, including catalysts used in the following:
- Production of crude oil and gas from unconventional sources such as tar sands and heavy oil reservoirs.
- Synfuels production (e.g., coal liquefaction/gasification, shale oil).
- Oil recycling.
- Alternative fuels production (e.g., hydrogen).
- Other emerging energy technologies, such as fuel cells and photovoltaic cells.
- Increasing fuel efficiency (e.g., fuel additives that increase burn efficiency).
- Avoiding or reducing environmental damage.
Mitigating or remediating adverse environmental impacts after they occur.
This report also covers the market for catalysts used in petroleum refining. The market for refinery catalysts, however, is covered in less detail because it is already analyzed in a separate BCC Research report, CHM027C—Petrochemical (Petroleum and Chemical) Catalysts.
The study is organized around the following major topics:
- Executive summary.
- Overview (e.g., definitions, history, market segmentation).
- Characteristics of energy and environmental catalysts, those existing as well as those under development.
- Current and potential catalyst applications in energy and environment.
- Patent analysis.
- Global market trends from 2014 to 2020.
- Factors that will influence the long-term development of the market.
- Industry structure and market shares.