This report follows on from the successful reports on radiation detection equipment and radiation detection materials in 2013. It identifies the new opportunities that continue to emerge from the sales of equipment designed to detect ionization radiation. In many ways the medical detection equipment market is quite mature. But its customers can often be found in areas that change with shifting socioeconomic conditions. For example, a major market for radiation detection is in the nuclear power industry; a sector that rises and falls according to the energy policies of the day. Another major purchaser of radiation detection gear is healthcare, a demand that is boosted by the aging population in developed countries
The customer base for radiation detection equipment is very broad and includes the food, pharmaceutical and mining industries, as well as the medical and nuclear power sectors mentioned above. In addition, radiation detection is used in both the military and domestic security. The bottom line is that while radiation detection may be settled technology, it continues to deliver value and evolve with changing needs.
In this report, we explore the revenue potential for radiation detection over the next eight years in three diverse market sectors: industrial and laboratory, security and medical. The report also includes eight-year (volume and value) forecasts for key sensors used in radiation detection applications, such as medical gamma cameras, RIIDS, portal monitors, PET detectors, oil exploration and scientific sensors, etc. As in previous reports in this space, all demand forecasts in this report are segmented by device type and world region. In addition, this report analyzes the products and marketing strategies of the leading suppliers of radiation detection equipment in the markets covered.
The report believes that business development executives and product management professionals, as well as investors and entrepreneurs, involved with radiation detection equipment will benefit from the comprehensive analysis or the radiation detection equipment included in this report which:
- Identifies major sectors using radiation detection systems.
- Lists out opportunities for devices in traditional and un-conventional applications
- Points out technological advancements in the field of radiations and identifies detectors beneficial for developing efficient systems and devices.
- Analyzes different types of detectors, their advantages and limitations for certain applications
- Details the dynamics of the radiation based industry
- Discusses products available in the market and continual endeavors of their manufacturers
- Analyzes the geographical pattern of usage of radiation detectors in coherence with certain applications and their respective domains
- Signifies new opportunities and challenges in this sector
- Discusses the role of prominent regulations and regulatory authorities in monitoring radiation levels and exposures
- Assessing forecast of detectors in various applicative domains for the next eight years.