Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) Carrier Market 2015-2025
Capex Forecasts For Shipbuilders & Prospects For Operators
Published: Nov 2014 - Pages: 241 - Report code: ASDR-164742
Natural gas is conventionally transferred via pipelines. However, offshore pipelines are less viable than onshore and are thus generally limited to short to medium distances. Numerous maritime countries such as Japan, Australia and Indonesia have no direct pipelines connecting them to their natural gas trading partners. To transport natural gas across water it undergoes a process known as cryogenic liquefaction. This creates LNG and reduces the volume of gas to one 600th of its original volume, making it feasible to transport the LNG in a specialised LNG carrier. After the LNG is transported it can be regasified at an on-shore or off-shore regasification terminal, stored for regasification at a later date.
LNG is carried aboard vessels using containment systems that insulate the LNG. The oldest LNG carrying technology still used in new vessel construction is the Moss-Rosenberg (commonly known as Moss) containment system. The second type of large-scale LNG carrying technology is the membrane technology: the GTT No.96, the T Mark-III and its upgrade Mark III Flex. Instead of a spherical insulated ball – used in the Moss system – the membrane is fitted to the inside of the ship’s hull. Small-scale carriers, those with carrying capacity less than 50,000 cubic meters, use different technologies.
Three countries are currently constructing large-scale LNG carriers: Japan, South Korea and China. The LNG carrier market is closely linked with liquefaction capacity. The main exporting regions of LNG are North America, Africa, Qatar and Australia, while the main importers are from East Asia, primarily Japan and South Korea. The US will also start exporting LNG within the next two years due to the increasing quantities of shale gas being produced. The growth of the LNG market, and consequently the demand of LNG carriers, will greatly depend on the expected Chinese growth in gas demand that will be partially satisfied by LNG imports. China’s policy is to construct the carriers domestically to deliver this LNG. This will lead to increased market shares for Hudong Zonghua, the only Chinese shipbuilder currently producing LNG vessels, and the GTT No 96 system, which is the only system used by Hudong Zhonghua.
Considering the deliveries of LNG carriers currently on order and prospected new orders to meet liquefaction additions, this report values the global LNG carrier market at $7.45bn in 2015.
Why you should buy Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) Carrier Market 2015-2025: Capex Forecasts For Shipbuilders & Prospects For Operators
What are the future trends in the LNG carrier market over the next ten years? Which national markets will prosper and with which technologies? Who are the main shipbuilders and operators of LNG vessels and how will this change going forward? The new reports comprehensive analysis contains highly quantitative content delivering solid conclusions benefiting your analysis and illustrates new opportunities and potential revenue streams helping you to remain competitive. This definitive report will benefit your decision making and help to direct your future business strategy.
In this 241 page report we guarantee that you will receive the following key information -
View capital expenditure forecasts, as well as analysis, from 2015-2025 to keep your knowledge ahead of your competition and ensure you exploit key business opportunities
- The report provides detailed projections of capital expenditure in the LNG carrier market as a whole, within the national construction markets and the containment systems used, allowing you to more effectively compete in the market. In addition, the report profiles and analyses the main shipbuilders and operators of LNG carriers. As well as market forecasts from 2015-2025, our new study shows current market data, original critical analysis, and revealing insight into commercial developments and strategies.
Our report provides 141 tables, charts, and graphs.
- Let our analysts present you with a thorough assessment of the current and future prospects of the LNG carrier market.
- You will gain from our analyst’s industry expertise allowing you to demonstrate your authority on how the LNG carrier industry will develop and which countries, technologies and companies stand to see most growth.
See an exclusive interview from Stena Bulk
- By reading the full transcript of an exclusive expert opinion interview contained in the report you will keep up to speed with what is really happening in the industry. Don’t fall behind. You will gain a thorough knowledge of the current situation and potential development of the LNG industry; you will find strategic advantages for your work and will learn how your organisation can benefit – allowing you to assess prospects for investments and sales.
Understand the prospects for the leading national construction markets for the LNG carrier industry – where are the greatest levels of capex currently being spent and what opportunities exist for growth going forward?
- Learn about the market potential for companies working in the LNG carriers market, from 2015 onwards. You will see where and how opportunities exist with revealing individual market forecasts and analysis from 2015-2025. Each national market includes both a calculation of 2014 capital expenditure as well as a ten year forecast of capital expenditure and market growth rate:
- South Korea
Understand the prospects for the LNG carrier containment systems submarkets
- You will see where the opportunities are with individual submarket forecasts and analysis for 2015-2025.
- GTT No 96
- GTT Mark III
Identify who are the leading 7 shipbuilders in the LNG carriers market
- Our report reveals the shipbuilders of central importance to this market, with detailed profiles and analysis for each. Profiles contain details of the company’s total capital expenditure in 2014, its LNG carrier market capital expenditure and market share within the market, as well as details of their future plans:
- Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering (DSME)
- Hyundai Heavy Industries including Hyundai Samho Heavy Industries
- STX Offshore & Shipbuilding Co. Ltd (STX)
- Samsung Heavy Industries (SHI)
- Hudong Zhonghua Shipbuilding (Group) Co. (HZ)
- Kawasaki Heavy Industries (Kawasaki)
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries (Mitsubishi) – Japan – Moss
Identify who are the top 10 operators in the LNG carriers market
- Our report reveals the main operators in the LNG carriers market, with profiles containing analysis and future outlooks for each.
- Royal Dutch Shell plc, (Shell)
- Nippon Yusen Kabushiki Kaisha (NYK)
- Mitsui O.S.K. Lines, Ltd. (MOL)
- Misc Berhad (Misc)
- Teekay Corporation
- Maran Gas Maritime Inc. (MGM)
- Golar LNG Limited (Golar)
- BW Group
- GasLog Ltd
- Kawasaki Kisen Kaisha (K Line)
Discover Information found nowhere else in this independent assessment of the LNG carrier market
The Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) Carrier Market 2015-2025: Capex Forecasts For Shipbuilders & Prospects For Operators report provides impartial analysis. With the independent business intelligence found only in our work, you will discover where the prospects are for profit. In particular, our new research provides you with key strategic advantages: our informed forecasts, independent and objective analysis, exclusive interviews and company profiles will provide you with that necessary edge, allowing you to gain ground over your competitors.
With this report you are less likely to fall behind in knowledge or miss crucial business opportunities. You will save time and receive recognition for your market insight. See how this report could benefit and enhance your research, analysis, company presentations and ultimately your individual business decisions and your company’s prospects.
What makes this report unique?
The new report is consulted widely with leading industry experts and the full transcript from exclusive interview with the CEO of Stena Bulk is included in the report. The new research methodology involves an exclusive blend of primary and secondary sources providing informed analysis. This methodology allows insight into the key drivers and restraints behind market dynamics and competitive developments. The report, therefore, presents an ideal balance of qualitative analysis combined with extensive quantitative data including global, national and regional markets forecasts from 2015-2025.
How the Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) Carrier Market 2015-2025: Capex Forecasts For Shipbuilders & Prospects For Operators report can benefit you
This report will be of value to anyone who wants to better understand the LNG carrier market and its dynamics. It will be useful for businesses who wish to better comprehend the part of the market they are already involved in, or those wishing to enter or expand into a different regional or technical part of the LNG carrier market. This is an extremely exciting area of the energy transportation industry from a growth and potential point of view.
You will discover forecasts for the period 2015-2025 in terms of capital expenditure for the LNG carrier market as a whole, for the three national construction markets, the three containment systems used and for small scale carriers. In addition you will be able to read profiles and analysis of the leading shipbuilders and operators within the LNG carriers market. Only by purchasing this report will you receive this critical business intelligence revealing where and why capital expenditure growth is likely and where the lucrative potential market prospects are located. Don’t miss this key opportunity to gain a competitive advantage.
If you buy our report today your knowledge will stay one step ahead of your competitors. Discover how our report could benefit your research, analyses and strategic decisions, saving you time. To gain an understanding of how to tap into the potential of this market and stay one step ahead of the competition order Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) Carrier Market 2015-2025: Capex Forecasts For Shipbuilders & Prospects For Operators report. Avoid missing out – order our report now.
Related Press Release(s)
Purchase this Report
Global Market Research
Global Market Research