Growth of airport infrastructure throughout the world and a shift towards technological security solutions as opposed to human intensive practices will drive the opportunity in the Airport Security Market over the next 10 years. The research process includes an analysis of secondary and in-house sources as well as interviews with key industry participants and end users. The report indicates the total global airport expenditure from 2012 to 2019. It is further broken down into regions and key security segments, Access Control, Perimeter Security, Personnel, Surveillance, Command and Control, Integration and Screening.
- The airport security market has been resilient against financial worries throughout the world as security in aviation remains a priority for governments. The sector will continue to show strong growth throughout the forecast period.
- Airport security budgets will increase over the next x years, with the largest increases at airports with greater passenger and cargo volumes.
- Asia-Pacific (APAC) will be the region with the highest growth throughout the forecast period. Aggressive airport infrastructure projects in India and China will drive airport security markets to show the greatest growth over the forecast period.
- The dynamics of the market will slowly shift away from labour-intensive activities to an increasingly technological approach as end users look for more operational efficiencies and cost savings.
- Integration of security systems throughout airports will continue to be a key requirement and investment for airport security operators to facilitate this technological change.
- Growth in IT connectivity throughout the airport will increase cyber security expenditure in the market to ensure that systems, both security and operational, are fully protected.
- The market will continue to have a fiercely competitive environment with a number of different security companies competing on upgrades and new contracts.