Military Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS) Market Assessment
Published: Apr 2014 - Pages: 87 - Publisher: Frost & Sullivan - Report code: ASDR-104354
Recent conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan showed that precision strikes seem to be a new feature of contemporary military conflicts. From the military point of view, a single strike of a 155mm GNSS-guided artillery round can bring a solution which previously required a utilization of dozen of unguided rounds. Therefore, a substantial demand growth is predicted for GNSS guided weapons for 120mm mortars, 152/155mm artillery systems, rocket artillery systems, tactical missiles, and guidance kits for unguided bombs.
- Frost & Sullivan forecasts show that cumulative revenue of the military global navigation satellite systems (GNSS) market in the countries analysed in this study will reach $ xx million by 2022.
- North America will be the biggest military GNSS market among the analysed regions. Despite low CAGR growth, the regionís expenditure on military GNSS is expected to surpass $ xx million by 2022.
- Next to North America, Asia-Pacific, driven by development of Chinese BeiDou/COMPASS GNSS and other regional navigation systems such as the Indian Regional Navigational Satellite System and the Japanese Quasi-Zenith Satellite System, is the most attractive market.
- The data application segment will generate the highest cumulative revenue of $ xx million during 2013 to 2022.
- Alternative or non-satellite-based navigation or positioning systems are expected to witness dynamic growth during the forecast period.
Purchase this Report